The Maryland Dental Action Coalition (MDAC), the state’s leading non-governmental oral health policy and advocacy organization, works to improve the oral health of all Marylanders through increased health promotion, disease prevention, education, advocacy and access to oral health care.
MDAC leads the development and monitors the progress of the 5-year Maryland Oral Health Plan (MOHP), works to improve the oral health of Maryland children through its Healthy Smiles for Life curriculum and the Healthy Teeth, Healthy Kids campaign, and has a well-demonstrated history of partnership development.
Become an MDAC member today and join an active statewide coalition working together to improve the oral health of all Marylanders. As an MDAC member, you:
- Become part of a diverse member base of clinical practitioners, non-profit organizations, associations, managed care organizations, county and state governments, foundations, academic research and educational institutions, and other stakeholders working together to improve the oral health of all Marylanders.
- Gain knowledge, information and expertise on the challenges and opportunities to improve the oral health of Maryland residents.
- Have access to MDAC member meetings to share knowledge, expertise and information on issues affecting oral health in Maryland.
- Communicate and collaborate with other stakeholders to share key issues, ideas, successes and collaborative opportunities.
- Participate in networking events with other oral health stakeholders across the state.
- Receive updates and insights on proposed state and federal policies and their impact on oral health care.
- Highlight your organization or community’s important work in the monthly MDAC newsletter in support of our collective effort to improve the oral health of all Marylanders.
- Get periodic updates on the progress towards the goals outlined in the Maryland Oral Health Plan.
- Have the opportunity to join working groups and committees focused on literacy and education, advocacy and legislation, resource development and marketing, and the Maryland Oral Health Plan to develop and implement initiatives to enhance oral health in Maryland.
Membership Application Form
To become an MDAC member, simply apply on-line. You may also download and mail your application form to: Maryland Dental Action Coalition, 10015 Old Columbia Road, Suite B-215, Columbia, MD 21046. While membership is free, MDAC is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization and contributions to support its activities are deeply appreciated.