July 14, 2020 Members Meeting
Despite the challenges faced the first half of this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, MDAC has continued to advocate for improved access to oral health care, support the Medicaid adult dental pilot program, and make progress toward the goals outlined in the 2018-2023 Maryland Oral Health plan.
In addition to updates from MDAC Chief Executive Officer Mary Backley and Debony Hughes, Director, Office of Oral Health at the Maryland Department of Health, presentations were made on the outcomes of the 2020 legislative session, the results of the Medicaid adult dental pilot program, the impact of COVID-19 on dental providers and the oral health of children in Head Start. Links to the presentations are below.
2020 Legislative Session and Outcomes; 2021 State Budget
- Robyn Elliott, Partner - Public Policy Partners
- Delegate Michael W. McKay (R-Allegany & Washington Counties)
MDAC Adult Dental Collaborative/Maryland Medicaid Adult Dental Waiver Program
- Guli Fager, MPH - Director, MDAC Collaborative
- Katie Neral - Deputy Director, Acute Care Administration, Maryland Department of Health
- Claire Seibert - Division Chief, Maryland Department of Health
Dental Care in the COVID-Era
- Charles Doring, DDS, Legislative Affairs Committee Chair - Maryland State Dental Association
- Dorian Birkholz, Peer Review and Patient Relations Coordinator - Maryland State Dental Association
Head Start and COVID-19: Implications for Children’s Oral Health
- Tresa Hanna - Head Start Collaboration Director, Division of Early Childhood, Maryland State Department of Education
- Joy Auslander, RN, BSN, Pediatric Nurse, The Y in Central Maryland