MDAC’s Medicaid adult dental collaborative was formed to help ensure the success of the Medicaid adult dental waiver program, which will go into effect on June 1, 2019. For the first time, more than 33,000 dual eligible (Medicaid/Medicare) adults ages 21-64 statewide will be able to access up to $800 in diagnostic, preventive and restorative dental services per year.
Collaborative members include dental providers, social service professionals, and caregivers all working together to:
- Ensure that eligible participants are aware of their new dental benefit and how to access it;
- Increase the number of Medicaid providers and build capacity to serve the dual-eligbile population; and
- Evaluate the program, make course corrections as necessary, and provide feedback to Medicaid.
Members of the collaborative are:
- Mary Backley - Maryland Dental Action Coalition
- Dorian Birkholz - Maryland State Dental Association
- Natalia Chalmers - DDS, Ph.D - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Dawn Davis-Brodeur - The Arc Baltimore
- Guli Fager, MPH – Director - MDAC Medicaid Adult Dental Collaborative
- Harry Goodman, DDS - former Maryland State Dental Director
- Cindy Kaiser, RDH - Baltimore County Health Department
- Parita Patel, DMD - Health Care for the Homeless
- Pricilla Lissik - The Coordinating Center
- Brooks Woodward, DDS - Chase Brexton Health Services